As we all know that coronavirus cases are increasing day by day all over the country. The states like Karnataka have entered partial lockdowns whereas some states like Uttar Pradesh and Kerala have decided for the weekend lockdown. The second wave of the pandemic has hit hard and it has become very difficult for the hospital faculties to manage the number of patients and also the government to decide on what can be done. But the Delhi government on 19th April, Monday has taken one of the major decisions to have a 6-day long lockdown starting at 10 pm on Monday till 5 am on April 26 to control the rise of Covid-19 cases.
However, the government has considered the request of people and has made some way to allow the mobility of people. The government has decided to issue e-passes to a selected section of society. So here is an article for those needing e-passes, how and where to apply, and who all are exempted from e-passes.
The Delhi Government announced that people will be allowed to move out for essential services like shops dealing with groceries, fruits and vegetables, medicines, banks, and insurance offices, petrol pumps, but they will be needing an e-pass to go out. The government has informed by saying that District Magistrates will be responsible for issuing e-pass to all the citizens of Delhi.
Who are the people that need the e-pass amidst the pandemic?
People who need e-passes are:
- People who need to get a vaccination shot.
- People working in banks or in insurance offices.
- People moving out to ATMs to either withdraw cash from their account or deposit it in their savings account
- Personnel of Print and Electronic Media
- People working as private security personnel
- Employees of broadcasting and cable service companies, IT, and internet services.
Procedure for applying and getting the e-passes
Here is the procedure to get the e-passes as announced by the Delhi Government.
- Firstly, visit the Delhi government’s official website, i.e, https://delhi.gov.in/
- Then click on the link which shows ‘apply for e-pass’: https://epass.jantasamvad.org/epass/init/
- After the second step, a new link will be opened asking for some particular details such as your name, contact number, your district, and finally will ask you to upload a government ID proof. Please do so as asked.
- Finally, you will have to upload a letter signed by your employer that you are associated with providing essential services or commodities.
- Lastly, click on ‘Submit’ and after submission, you will receive an e-pass number on your screen.
- Once you get your e-pass confirmation through an SMS, you can download it on your smart device and get a hard copy of the same.
Media is exempted from getting an e-pass on having valid Id cards. No separate permission or e-pass is required for inter or intrastate movement or transportation of essential goods. It is advised by the Union Government as well as the Delhi Government to try to avoid moving out unnecessarily misusing your e-passes. The government has also pleaded not to use e-passes for the wrong purpose. And also whenever you move out of your house remember to wear your mask mandatorily, maintain social distance wherever you go, and sanitize when you move from one place to another.
Respect the corona warriors, the police personnel, and other workers working for the welfare of ours risking their own life. Try to complete all your work at once when you go out. The government led by Shri Arvind Kejriwal has given a war cry to fight the pandemic situation together.