Aadhaar number is a 12-digit random number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to the residents of India after satisfying the verification process laid down by the Authority. Any individual, irrespective of age and gender, who is a resident of India, may voluntarily enroll to obtain an Aadhaar number. To enroll yourself for getting an Aadhaar, one has to provide your basic demographic and biometric information while enrolling and this is totally free of cost.
A person is eligible for enrolling only one Aadhaar and every individual will have a unique Aadhaar number as demographic and biometric information of persons will be different for everyone. An Aadhaar card will serve as an identity of proof and not as a proof of citizenship in India. And every citizen of India mandatorily must have an Aadhaar card as this document is accepted as identity proof in most of the government departments and other official works.
Where can I download the Aadhaar Card Online?
One can download their Aadhaar card online through the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) official website and it is easier to download your Aadhaar card online if you have your registered mobile number.
How to download Aadhar Card from the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) website if I have lost my registered number?
In cases of the registered mobile number being switched off or any other issues with SMS or phone being lost or any other reason as such, you will not be able to receive your SMS and enter the OTP for downloading. Recently, it has been made available for the citizens to download their Aadhaar card online without their registered mobile number with the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) website also. It is not mandatory now for you to have a registered mobile number for the Aadhaar card download online.
What steps are to be followed while downloading the Aadhar Card?
So during such uncertain times, how to download your Aadhaar card online through the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) website is given as follows:
- Firstly visit the official website of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) which is, Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).gov.in.
- On the left-hand corner of the website when opened on a laptop or a desktop, there is an option called ‘My Aadhaar’, click it.
- On clicking, ‘My Aadhaar’ option, under the heading ‘Get Aadhaar’ click on ‘Order Aadhaar PVC Card’.
- A new window will open after which you have to fill your 12- digit Aadhaar number or a 16- digit VID number.
- After filling in the Aadhaar number or VID number, enter the security code.
- Under the security code space, you will find an option as ‘My mobile number is not registered. Tick that option.
- After ticking the option, enter another mobile number other than your registered mobile number to receive the One Time Password(OTP), which is not registered with the Aadhaar number.
- Enter another mobile number of yours and click on ‘Send OTP’.
- Click on ‘Terms and conditions’ check-in.
- And the final step, click on the ‘Submit’ option.
- Complete the authentication of One Time Password(OTP) or TOTP.
- Lastly, you will find an option as ‘Preview Aadhaar Letter’, then pay for e- Aadhaar download and Yay! You can now download your e- Aadhaar.
What should I do if I haven’t registered the mobile number initially?
If you have not registered your Mobile number while enrolling for Aadhaar, you are required to visit a Permanent Enrolment Centre and get your mobile number registered with the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) authority.