The date for filing income tax return is near. Even if the returns have not been filled yet, please hurry. Late return filing can lead to a large penalty (late ITR filing). If the returns have been filled, then take care of the verification (ITR verification). Because more important than filling returns is verification. Returns without verification are considered incomplete and the return is canceled. Most people believe that submitting the ITR means the process is complete. Especially new taxpayers should keep this in mind. Verification is not to submit the last step form of ITR.
ITR verification can be done offline. For this, the Income Tax Department gives 120 days. However, the easiest method is electronic verification. Let us know that the last date to file ITR for the financial year 2019-20 is 31 December 2020. Let us know how you can verify your ITR electronically.
Abhishek Soni, CEO of Tax2Win, the company that filed the income tax return, said, ‘Once the ITR is uploaded on the e-filing website of the Income Tax Department, you get 120 days to verify the ITR.
Verify ITR with Aadhaar OTP:
To verify the ITR through Aadhaar OTP (one-time password), it is necessary to have your mobile number linked to it. Once you choose this method for verification of ITR, an OTP will come on your registered mobile number.
- To verify the income tax return file, it is necessary to have an Aadhaar link with PAN.
- Visit the e-filing portal www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in using OTP.
- Click on the e-Verify link and select the Verify Return using the Aadhaar OTP option.
- After doing this, a message will be sent to your registered mobile number, through which you can verify.
- After putting the one-time password on the website of the Income Tax Department, when you click on the submit button, your ITR will be verified.